H.248 most recent document

Bilalis Zacharias Zacharias.Bilalis at ICN.SIEMENS.DE
Wed Feb 23 03:02:08 EST 2000

Hi all,

I'm sending here the documents related to H.323 Annex H that were
accomplished in the Geneva meeting by the ad hoc mobility group. Included
are the draft Annex H, the Terms of Reference for it as well as the meeting
minutes (quite short) of the ad hoc group meetings in Geneva.

As Mr. Tran pointed out the location area had been left to the VLF-section
of the draft annex. This is my mistake and I apologize for any confusion it
has created. I did not, however, take it off from the document I am sending
here, this is the document that was produced as a TD in Geneva, but I will
remove the location area from the subsequent versions of the draft annex.
As for the TMSI, etc. concepts, in my view it is quite unnecessary to argue
about these, the TMSI is already included in the proposed new alias address
type: UIM. Many of these concepts are, as I understand, already needed in
H.246 Annex E, which addresses one scenario of the mobility problem. I would
see the VLR functionality of the H.246 Annex E IWF as really the VLF we have
defined as a new mobility functional entity, thus the identifiers TMSI, etc.
would be needed in the VLF at least in some cases. However, it might be
suitable to indicate that all of the identifiers mentioned in the VLF (and
other) section(s) are not mandatory.

 <<GenevaMobility.zip>>

- Jaakko Sundquist
     In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.
 Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of
     worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare,
sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat:
     it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.