Guidance from the Dalai Lama

Greg Ratta gratta at lucent.com
Fri Feb 18 09:42:23 EST 2000

Hans,

I don't quite understand the beast you're describing - in what sense it
supports 3 ports for H.323 connections given that it can only gateway one at a
time.  Nevertheless, I think the answer's the same whatever you mean!
A gatekeeper is hard-pushed to make any assumptions as to how many connections
a gateway can support.  I believe you simply register as a gateway.  The
gatekeeper should not assume you can only support one call at any given time.
You can tell the gatekeeper a little about remaining resources at any time
using RAI, but the gatekeeper is not expected to understand gateways' total
resource capabilities, which may be complex and depend on what audio and video
codecs are in use.

Regards,
Chris

--
Dr Chris Purvis -- Development Manager
ISDN Communications Ltd, The Stable Block, Ronans, Chavey Down Road