question on video transcoder or gateway

Gary Sullivan garysull at MICROSOFT.COM
Thu Feb 17 13:31:14 EST 2000

but if you look at a list of the H-series standards list at www.itu.int
spot them.

-Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: wmshen [mailto:wmshen at PUBLIC.WH.HB.CN]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2000 7:04 PM
To: ITU-SG16 at MAILBAG.INTEL.COM
Subject: question on video transcoder or gateway

Hello, all experts,

I am a Ph.D student working on video communication. I am wondering about how
the video transcoder/gateway works between H.261 and H.263, and between IP
network and PSTN or ISDN, in paticular i wonder whether there is a method by
which bitstreams can be translated directly between H.261 and H.263 format.

Who knows the technique details on above topics or where may i get some
useful reference infomation?

Any help will be approciated.

Weiming Shen