Incorrect Source on COM16-D392

Chip Sharp chsharp at CISCO.COM
Sat Feb 5 14:59:56 EST 2000

Hello,

I'm having diffuculties understanding the correct behaviour of
Unregistration procedure.

H.225v3 states in URQ 7.10.1:
"callSignalAddress - This is one or more of the transport call signalling
addresses for this endpoint which are to be unregistered."

Also, a registered endpoint must have always at least one
callSignallingAddress. Right?

Say, there's one callSignallingAddress and two endpointAliases registered
for an endpoint. If this endpoint now wants to unregister one of the
aliases, it has basically two options.

1) One would be to send URQ with only this one endpointAlias included (the
one that is to be deleted). Because callSignallingAddress is mandatory in
URQ message, the only callSignalAddress would become deleted also according
to the standard quote above. This is an error, I think.

2) The other option would be to send a new RRQ that specifies only the
endpointAlias that shall be kept "active". In this scenario the problem does
not occur.

Any comments?

Henri Mäenpää, Nokia.