H.323-SIP Discusssion

Francois Audet audet at nortelnetworks.com
Tue Feb 22 18:09:26 EST 2000

This looks good. I would probably change the term "H.323-Internet" to
something else. "Internet" sounds a little vague.

On thing that should be mentioned in there is H.245-SDP interworking.

In the case of addressing, we might want to avoid having different
translations of SIP telephone numbers (E.164) to H.323 publicNumber, URLs,
dialledDigits... At the very least, we should explain the meaning.

I'm not that interested in mapping from H.450 to SIP. However, the "third
party pause and re-routing" procedures would be a good candidate.

Then there is in-band tones and anouncements, busy, etc.

Also, the role of gk-routed vs. sip proxy server, and direct-routed vs. sip
redirection server.

Also, we should thing of which versions of SIP and H.323 we should consider.
My personal preference would be to only look at the latest (H.323v4).

François Audet