H.323 Annex N draft

Roy, Radhika R, ALARC rrroy at ATT.COM
Tue Feb 22 15:15:37 EST 2000

Hi, Audet:

For the existing ATM QOS and RSVP in H.323, there should be the exact
mapping (please see TD-57) because exact parameters are known. There should
not be any place for ambiguity to provide the backward compatibility as a
minimum. Per your suggestion, if needed, we can also extend our mapping in
ATM beyond what H.323 Annex C currently does.

For DiffServ, the PHB parameters need to be known to provide the mappings.
There are possibilities for ambiguity in DiffServ if the parameters are not
well defined. For now, PHBs are yet to be defined clearly in the IETF. More
importantly, there is no backward compatibility issue in H.323 for DiffServ.
I am not worried about this for now. We may keep this as a place holder
(please also see TD-57) for our future work.

Best regards,
Radhika R. Roy
AT&T