Ad Hoc Mobility Group

Roy, Radhika R, ALARC rrroy at ATT.COM
Sun Feb 20 13:27:31 EST 2000

Hi, Everyone:

Let us all welcome Paul in his effort to continue the work of H.323 Annex H
for arranging the conference calls between now and the next Rap. meeting to
be held on May 15-19 so that we can determine this important document in
November 2000.

Let us also welcome Jaakko to work as the editor of Annex H as well as Paul
Reddy for his excellent job for performing his work related to H.246 Annex E
which had been determined in the last Feb 7-18 SG16 meeting. Now we have set
a mark that H.323 is becoming ready to support mobility.

The next important thing is that we have to complete H.323 Annex H first. As
Paul pointed out: Let us start with a scenario of H.323 - Roaming within an
H.323 Network.

In the meantime, I also have a plan to send an email to Jean-Claude related
to VLF and HLF information flows in the context H.323 mobility. I guess that
this will also provide an opportunity to all how this problem can be
addressed in the context of H.323 mobility.

The time in the conference call is very precious and we only be able to hold
few conferences before the next Rap. meeting. We definitely have to make
decisions more quickly in the conf calls for putting more stuffs by the
editor so that the document can take a reasonable shape for determination in
November 2000.

We hope that we have crossed the first phase of our understanding how we can
address H.323 mobility problems. Any discussions via emails will expedite
our understanding more quickly because the time in the conference calls is
very short.

I would also request Paul to clarify how the contributions for the
conference calls could be sent(I guess that the editor will be the right
person). Editor can provide the URL and contribution number as we did in the
past.

Best Regards,
Radhika R. Roy
AT&T