H.323 Annex I: test conditions

Baese Gero Gero.X.Baese at MCHP.SIEMENS.DE
Wed Dec 13 09:09:34 EST 2000

Sasha,

Yes, I see your point now.. thanks for clarifying this issue for me.

This makes life more interesting, doesn't it?

So I suppose the question is one of whether we feel we need to provide this
information or whether we do not.  To keep life simpler for the H.245 state
machine, I would guess that we should do something to allow the called
endpoint to return the LCN for the reverse channel.  However, there doesn't
seem to be a real clean place to provide that information.  We could always
do strange things, such as use nonStandard fields or use the
"replacementFor" field in the OLC.reverseLogicalChannelParameters structure.

What's your preference?

I would guess that the proponents of this text (who wanted it for Annex Dv2
primarily) should have something to say regarding this.

Paul