RFC 3015

Tom-PT Taylor taylor at NORTELNETWORKS.COM
Mon Dec 4 14:49:41 EST 2000

Paul,

Thanks for your comments.  I will work on the contribution.

Best regards,

charles
-----Original Message-----
From: Paul E. Jones [mailto:paulej at PACKETIZER.COM]
Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2000 11:45 PM
To: ITU-SG16 at MAILBAG.INTEL.COM
Subject: Re: Draft Status Update

Charles,

I see us going in one of two directions:
  1) Overloading the "h323" field to really be "ipgw", which can reach any
     protocol
  2) Adding new code points for each protocol (one for SIP, one for
     BICC, etc.)

I don't think it's really necessary to create some type of structure that
then contains values inside.  SupportedProtocols is a CHOICE type, so adding
new choices is not expensive in terms of processing or encoding.  Also, I
suspect we will not be extending this list very many times.  SIP and BICC
are the only two candidates that I expect we'll be considering in the next
few years.  It will be small, in any case.

What I think you should do is submit a contribution to the next meeting
(March 5-9) with the proposal for adding this new field.  If you can't
attend the meeting, I'll be happy to present the document for you.

Paul