H.323 Annex I: test conditions

Baese Gero Gero.X.Baese at MCHP.SIEMENS.DE
Wed Dec 13 09:09:34 EST 2000

Dear Mr. Li, Experts,

according our mandate of the last ITU meeting we further improved
our test conditions document. It is now easier to read and we did
several steps to defuse possibly controversial subjects.
For example, to be as close as possible to the reality the UMTS
bearer services are designed to meet user data rates of 64kbit/s
and 128kbit/s respectively.

We are looking forward to see your comments or questions.

Mr. Li, you requested explicitely H.263 to be included in the tests,
some points for clarification are remaining still.

The Interactive and Streaming Wireless Profile 3 of H.263 is much more
suitable for equal erasure protection. Here we can reduce the workload
or take the advantage to show that both proposals are also useful
for this special case within unequal erasure protection.
What do you prefer ?

We are supposed to perform the test reproducible for everybody else
within the standardization community. Which public available software
for H.263 we are going to use ?

Best Wishes
Gero Baese

 <<APC-1993r1.doc>>
Gero Bäse                     Tel.:  +49 89 636 53193
Corporate Research      Fax: +49 89 636 52393
Networks and Multimediacommunication ZT IK 2