V4 Facility Message

Paul E. Jones paulej at PACKETIZER.COM
Thu Dec 7 00:05:17 EST 2000

Folks,

In the Facility message of H.225.0v4, the fields "destinationInfo" and "h245SecurityMode" were added to the Facility message to help routed Gatekeepers cope with the Call Proceeding message.  Unfortunately, a routed Gatekeeper cannot use tunnel this put that information into those fields if the endpoint on the other end is V3 or lower.

So, we need to clarify this.

Francois, you've probably got an idea or two.  Should we clarify H.323 someplace to give warning or add something in H.225.0 field definitions?  What would you propose we add?

Thanks,