Progress Indicator IE in a PROGRESS Message

Wuerfel, Randy P Randy.P.Wuerfel at ICN.SIEMENS.COM
Wed Aug 30 19:41:23 EDT 2000

This has gone far enough, and I'm sorry if the whole matter is due to a
misunderstanding.  My previous note explained my precise point of
sensitivity in your remarks, but it has occurred to me that you may simply
have been trying to make the reference clear.

Apparently I've left the impression that Nortel is trying to get rid of you.
Definitely not!  We recognize the valuable job you are doing.  All I ask is
a certain amount of care (when you speak as chair) that you not name
individual ITU-T members in an unfavourable context (whether it's saying
that IETF participants cannot be trusted or naming Nortel Networks as the
contributor of a non-SG 16 document you proceed to criticize).

Tom Taylor