Issue in H.323 robustness not addressed by SCTP/DDP

Qiaobing Xie xieqb at CIG.MOT.COM
Wed Apr 26 16:21:57 EDT 2000

Archana,

One thing you might have missed is that the DDP/SCTP fault-tolerance
model is designed to provide robustness to the application in a
*transparent* fashion. The state synchronization issue (your PROBLEM B)
is a no-issue to DDP/SCTP model. In our model, a back-up GK will
automatically kick in and continue forwarding the RELCOMPLETE to EP2,
without either EP even noticing that the failure ever happened at all!
There is NO application involvment required in this scenario.

-Qiaobing

listserv at mailbag.intel.com