[H.323 Mobility:] Comments to various mails

Roy, Radhika R, ALARC rrroy at ATT.COM
Mon Apr 17 10:17:24 EDT 2000

Hi, Jaakko:

I am providing a very quick response because we will have the conf call
within 45 minutes.

First, H.323 has the abstraction of network address (or point of
attachment). So, all contributions of AT&T and other companies refer to that
only.

Second, the H.323 mobility protocol proposed by AT&T, Alcatel or others do
NOT tie to any topology. The topology shown has come into play to provide
descriptions so that people can understand, and we can say all requirements
are met no matter what the topoloy is. For example, your contribution and
references figures - we need to see whether all toplopies can be satisfied
using the SAME protocol.

Third, no contribution (AT&T, Alcatel, or Ericsson) has suggested that HLF
or VLF has to belong to a zone or by couple of zones or otherwise. All
contributions are saying that HLFs and VLFs are behind the GKs.

I hope that you will NOT mis-interpret the intend of the main idea behind
the contributions.

Again, protocols defined is NOT dependent on any topology. The contribution
shows how the protocol can satisfy when this is used in the context of any
topology that people can think of so that nothing is missed from the
protocol.

Best regards,
Radhika R. Roy
AT&T