Missing FastConnectRefused flag in PROGRESS message

Paul E. Jones paul.jones at ties.itu.ch
Sun Apr 2 00:55:35 EST 2000

Paul,

Section 11.2 of H.323 states:

``All terminals shall support the Information Request/Information Request
Response (IRQ/IRR) message of Recommendation H.225.0. The Information
Request Response message contains the TSAP Identifier of all channels
currently active on the call, including T.120 and H.245 control, as well as
audio and video. This information can be used by third party maintenance
devices to monitor H.323 conferences to verify system operation.''

The second sentence is the "clue", I suppose.  It was definitely intended
that perCallInfo shall be included in the IRR.  However, I agree that this
could be clearer.  In addition, the spec should be clearer about what to do
when an IRQ is received for a call that does not exist.  However, I believe
the answer is to respond without perCallInfo.

Paul