[H.323 Mobility:] Comments to various mails

Jaakko Sundquist jaakko.sundquist at NOKIA.COM
Mon Apr 17 10:33:50 EDT 2000

Hi Radhika,

Comments embedded...

> Hi, Jaakko:
>
> I am providing a very quick response because we will have the
> conf call
> within 45 minutes.
Same here...

> Second, the H.323 mobility protocol proposed by AT&T, Alcatel
> or others do
> NOT tie to any topology. The topology shown has come into
> play to provide
> descriptions so that people can understand, and we can say
> all requirements
> are met no matter what the topoloy is. For example, your
> contribution and
> references figures - we need to see whether all toplopies can
> be satisfied
> using the SAME protocol.

I did not claim that the contributions were tied to any topology. I was
simply questioning the need to define or use the terms: home/visited
network/zone.

> Third, no contribution (AT&T, Alcatel, or Ericsson) has
> suggested that HLF
> or VLF has to belong to a zone or by couple of zones or otherwise.

This is exactly why I do not see any point in defining home/visited zone. Or
if we do define them the home zone should be clearly defined in such a way
that it does not imply that the HLF is a part of the home zone, but home
zones are all the zones that belong to the Home Administrative Domain.

> I hope that you will NOT mis-interpret the intend of the main
> idea behind
> the contributions.

I don't think so and I do think that we have some valuable contributions for
this teleconference and they will certainly help the progress of the work.

-Jaakko