[H.323 Mobility:] questions on MTD-016

Roy, Radhika R, ALARC rrroy at att.com
Thu Apr 13 17:02:52 EDT 2000

Hi, Vineet and Steve:

I like to add couple of points with respects to your emails as follows:

HLF:

It is interesting to note that there appears to be an "implicit" assumption
that there is only one HLF in a domain (no matter what happens in the
future).

Let us NOT make our protocol "hard-wired" like this.

The protocol should be flexible enough to accommodate one or multiple HLFs
in a domain.

If one wants to choose one HLF per domain, it MUST be left as an
implementation issue, NOT a protocol issue.

Home GK:

In the same token, if one wants to declare a GK as its home GK, this option
MUST be provided to a user. It is a choice that MUST be given to a user. If
anyone does NOT like this option, they MAY not use it.

Home Network/Network Address:

In the same token, if anyone wants to declare a network address as its home
network, this option MUST also be provided.

GK Discovery:

The "old" inefficient GRQ discovery mechanisms may not be the only OPTION to
discover the GK. in a highly mobile cellular environment. An alternative
mechanism, like MGA message can be listened to discover the GK as well.

Best regards,
Radhika R. Roy