Mob ad hoc group progress

Roy, Radhika R, ALARC rrroy at ATT.COM
Thu Apr 6 14:16:22 EDT 2000

Hi, All:

Jakko may be right, but who knows. We may or may not define "intra-network"
as additional term in our standard.

I just took Paul's suggestion of "intra-network" something like - "a user
remains within a given network while roaming can be termed as intra-network
roaming."

For example, a wireless LAN may have many point of attachments while the
mobile user may move from one point of attachment to another of a given LAN,
but it is still the same network. In this situation, the mobility of the
user can be termed as the "intra-network" roaming.

Of course, there will be intra-domain, inter-domain roaming.

Similarly, there can be intra-zone and inter-zone roaming.

In the same token, there can be intra-network and inter-network roaming.

Contributions are there or underway to address all those issues.

Best regards,
Radhika R. Roy
AT&T