Mob ad hoc group progress

Roy, Radhika R, ALARC rrroy at ATT.COM
Wed Apr 5 10:51:02 EDT 2000

Hi, Everyone:

We are again not in sink what is going on with respect to progress of our
work. Let me try again.

We have talked about Nokia's contribution MD-011. We have taught that this
provides a reference to start with. In that contribution, we have Figure 1:
Intra-zone all H.323 scenario. We have decided that we will go one step at a
time.

Now what does this Figure 1 provides us? We are NOT sure unless we explain
in detail what this scenario means to us. We cannot go to the next step
unless we analyze what the scenario of Figure 1 provides us. It may or may
not provide new insights from H.323 mobility point of view, but it is our
starting point. We have to complete it first before we go for the next step.
In this simple case, a mobile entity will move from its home network to a
foreign network. This also requires mobility management: Change in network
point of attachment and its possible impact in H.323 system.

Once we complete Figure 1, we will go for the next one: Figure 2 Inter-Zone
all H.323 scenario. Of course, this is a complicated one to provide better
scenario for mobility management: Change in network point attachment +
Change in zone (logical) point of attachment as well.

Then Figure 3: Inter-Domain all H.323 scenario.

And so on ...

If we do not do this, we might again go into circle.

I guess that this should be very clear to everyone.  I would assume that
people should bring contributions along this line: Figure 1, 2, ....etc.

Let us not by-pass any step for sake of clarity and completeness.

A side note: We have defined VLF and HLF. VLF may be assumed to be
co-located within the GK. But let people explain the interactions including
VLF and HLF the way they prefer in their contributions. The contributions
themselves will justify how VLF and HLF should perform their functions. Let
us not mandate anything beforehand unless things are explained in the
contributions.

I like to see all members provide their comments on this.

Best regards,
Radhika R. Roy
AT&T