Versions of Annex E

Chip Sharp chsharp at CISCO.COM
Tue Apr 4 13:48:41 EDT 2000

Interesting question.

According to the SG16 WP2 meeting report and the avc-site web page, the
version of H.323 Annex E that was approved is contained in the following
documents:
COM 16-74 as modified by TD pl-33 as modified by TD pl-53.

The file on the avc-site named H.323_Annex_E_990528.zip contains the end
result of all these changes.  I assume, even though there is no TD number
on this document and it isn't mentioned in the meeting report, that this is
actually the final form of Annex E that was submitted to the TSB editor for
publication.

It has been almost a year (May 1999) since Annex E was approved.  How long
does it take to get a Recommendation published?  In the meantime, how are
developers supposed to build products to an approved Recommendation for
which there is no final text available?  I assume that for those people who
know where to find this particular file on the avc-site it isn't a
problem.  However, if you went to the official ITU Recommendations page to
purchase this document, it isn't available.

Oh well, caveat structor.

Chip

http://www.netaid.org