NetMeeting & T.120

Stevie Gray SGray at RIDGEWAY-SYS.COM
Mon Apr 3 09:58:52 EDT 2000

Hi,

I am currently implementing a program which essentially passes T.120 data
from one endpoint to another.  I am doing this over H.245 using dynamic
ports.  The program basically joins the two T.120 bi-directional channels
together via Winsock and lets the two endpoints get on with it.  What I have
discovered so far is that NetMeeting only seems to initiate a T.120
conference if it originated the Q.931 call.  I have a scenario where I
initiate the calls to each of the NetMeeting endpoints and join them
together.  However, in this scenario NetMeeting does not initiate the T.120
conference, I'm assuming they are both waiting for the Q.931 call initiator
(i.e. me) to initiate the T.120 conference.  I have tried various
combinations of the T120SetupProcedure flag in the OLC Ack but to no avail.

Is this a limitation of NetMeeting or is there a way to get this working.

Here are a list of scenarios I have working

NetMeeting --> MyProg --> NetMeeting

NetMeeting --> MYProg <-- NetMeeting

The one I can't get working is

NetMeeting <-- MyProg --> NetMeeting