[Fwd: [Fwd: [Fwd: Re: H.323 mobility first darft]]]

Edgar Martinez [1] martinze at CIG.MOT.COM
Thu Sep 2 07:56:57 EDT 1999

Dear Sunil Chandra,

For question 2,3, I don't have any idea. And for other questions,
my opnion follows,

Sunil Chandra wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
>       I have following queries related to MC and MCU.
>
>       1. In H.323 section 6.2.8.4, there is a table which gives the terminal
>       types values for various terminal types. In this table there are certain
>       entries marked as NA. Does this mean that these terminal types are not
>       possible? for example, an MCU is not possible without an MC.

I think some component which do not have MC is never be an MCU.

>       4. Is it always necessary to have an MC in Gatekeeper?

A Gatekeeper which do not have MC is not concerned with master-slave determination. So, in this table, a Gatekeeper which do not have MC was not considered.

>       5. If a call signalling is routed through Gatekeeper, and there exists an
>       MCU which is not involved in this call. Is it possible for the Gatekeeper
>       to involve this MCU to create an ad-hoc conference from this call. If yes,
>       what is the procedure? If not, why?

I think, H.323 terminal can involve other MCU's MC to make ad-hoc multipoint conference. And signalings between them is outside of standard. For example, someone can make MC as a
stand-alone program like UNIX daemon, and use it for other terminal's ad-hoc conference expansion.

Best wishes,

soo.