ASN.1 Syntax of H.245

Hidenobu Harasaki harasaki at CCM.CL.NEC.CO.JP
Mon Sep 6 07:49:31 EDT 1999

Dear Mike,

> An error has been found in the ASN.1 syntax of H.245 version 5.

I support the correction of the error on genericModeParameters.
But another correction should be made.

TTC (The Telecommunication Technology Committee), Japan has reported me
that H.245 version 5 does not have section 6 but eighteen "defined in
section 6" descriptions are found in Annex C.  They should be corrected
as "defined in Annex A".

It might be a good chance to correct them before the publication of version 5.

I also found that H.245 version 4 draft (included in h245_f.zip) has the same
errors. :-<

Best regards,

Hideh

Hidenobu Harasaki           harasaki at ccm.CL.nec.co.jp
Manager, Research           C&C Media Research Labs., NEC Corporation
                            Phone: +81 44 856 8083    Fax: +81 44 856 2232