Mailing list subscription question

Anders Svennevik (ERA) Anders.Svennevik at ERA.ERICSSON.SE
Tue Oct 26 06:55:21 EDT 1999

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your reply, and your correction on the new h.246
annex-e. I expect to see some interesting contributions coming
your way.

You also,  pointed out a every informative item.

>Other groups already working on the PSTN interworking
>with H.323 networks, which may provide the support
>of H.323 terminals on Class 5 Switches.

Maybe the suggestion on expanding our H.323
interworking to provide  PSTN services and H.323
terminal support on a Class-5 switch
has merit. But replacing a ISDN terminal or PC with
a modem connection to Internet, with a H.323
IP/Class-5  gateway is deja vu.

If you have more information could you please share
that information with us. Which are the groups working
on providing H.323 terminals on Class 5 Switches.

Regards,
Ed

"Reddy, Paul K" wrote:

> Dear Edgar,
>
> The new annex is H.246 Annex-E not h.246 Annex-J, which is essentially a
> mapping of MAP (mobile application part) of GSM or ANSI-41 or PDC networks
> to H.225.0.

So far new parameters in H.225.0 RAS messages, we may also need to
to add parameters to H.225.0 (q.931) call control.

--
Edgar Martinez - Principal Staff Engineer
Email mailto:martinze at cig.mot.com
FAX 1-847-632-3145 - - Voice 1-847-632-5278
1501 West Shure Drive, Arlington Hgts. IL 60004
Public: TIPHON & Other Stds - http://people.itu.int/~emartine/
Private:TIPHON & Other Stds - http://www.cig.mot.com/~martinze/