H246annexC Progress Indicators

Christian Groves Christian.Groves at ERICSSON.COM
Thu Oct 28 17:33:09 EDT 1999

G'Day,

In my H246 annex C draft recommendation section C.6.1.4.2 I've said that
an Alerting and Progress can contain two progress indicator elements. I
can't find anything in H.225 or H.323 that forbids this.

ie.
Progress indicator
Progress indicator information elements possibly present in the access
transport parameter of the Call Progress Message (CPG) are transferred
into the message sent to the calling user. If the calling user is a
H.323 end system it need not interpret this information element.
In addition, progress indicator information elements are created by the
Interworking function according to the coding of the Call Progress
Message (CPG). Table 15 shows the sending criteria of each value.
Every message sent to the access (ALERTING or PROGRESS) may contain two
progress indicator information elements. When more than two progress
indicator information elements are to be sent, the supplementary
progress indicator information elements are sent in a PROGRESS message.

Are people happy to leave this in or do you only want to see one
supported??

Cheers, Christian