Problem in Connect Message in H.2250 V3

Paul E. Jones paul.jones at ties.itu.int
Wed Nov 17 21:19:40 EST 1999

Aseem,

This may be true for Q.931, but H.225.0 modifies the related tables found in
Q.931.  H.225.0 suggests in section 7.2.2 that the encoding shall follow
rules in Q.931, but H.225.0 specifies the ordering.

I see no problem with putting those fields at the end, especially
considering that inserting new IEs in the middle may be more difficult to
handle.

It might be interesting to see what assumptions people have made.  Do
implementation expect an ordering?  Would they expect new elements to be
ordered numerically or at the end?

Best Regards,
Paul