presentationIndicator and Calling Party Number

Glen Freundlich ggf at LUCENT.COM
Wed Nov 3 11:23:39 EST 1999

Henri,

I agree with you that H.225 is in error. The extension bit should be set
according to encoding rules in Q.931. In adding the support for octet 3a I
neglected to change the text for "Octet No. 3 Extension". This correction should
be a candidate for the implementor's guide.

The indicators in the ASN.1 were meant to cover the cases where the address is
not a telephone number that could go into a calling party number IE (or
connected party IE), for example any address of type AliasAddress.

Glen

Glen Freundlich                       ggf at lucent.com
Lucent Technologies                   office: +1 303 538 2899
11900 N. Pecos                        fax: +1 303 538 3907
Westminster, Colorado 80234  USA