The meaning of the reception of a "new" capability set

frank.derks at PHILIPS.COM frank.derks at PHILIPS.COM
Mon Nov 1 08:31:05 EST 1999

Hi Ed,

I haven't read your draft yet, but I just want to make a short comment on
the definitions that you proposed.
You mention the concepts of HomeZone ID and VisitedZone ID. This implies
already to a certain architecture, namely one where the "home area" and
"visited area" of a User are defined to be identified with the accuracy of
one zone. In my contribution to the Red Bank meeting (APC 1659) I proposed
similar "home area" and "visited area" concepts based on Administrative
Domains, which in my mind makes more sense as the Domains have so far in
H.323 been the entities that are responsible for maintaining any information
of their users.
So I propose that we think about the architecture first before defining
these terms.

- Jaakko Sundquist
     In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.
 Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of
     worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare,
sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat:
     it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.