H.323 Annex I

Chris Wayman Purvis cwp at ISDN-COMMS.CO.UK
Wed Nov 24 04:31:18 EST 1999

All,

Might I be permitted to attempt to summarise Mr Roy's mail while asking my own
question (my apologies to Mr Roy if I've misunderstood his point!)?
I'm not an expert on Mobile IP.  However, I don't understand why there is
anything at all involved in H.323 mobility beyond making the statement "In IP
networks, mobility issues are handled by using Mobile IP", and expecting users
of other transports (IPX, native ATM etc) to make their own arrangements.
So, the question: Why is the effort on mobility required?
Obviously if this question is answered in contributions that I've missed, I'll
be happy with a reference rather than a full explanation on the list!

Regards,
Chris
--
Dr Chris Purvis -- Development Manager
ISDN Communications Ltd, The Stable Block, Ronans, Chavey Down Road