H.323 Mobility: Quick comments on MTDs

Reddy, Paul K paul.k.reddy at INTEL.COM
Tue Nov 16 22:13:38 EST 1999

Hi All,

Intel supports the Nokia's proposal on the detailed definitions concerning
the PLMN-interworking should be handled in the H.246 Annex E.

Intel is bringing in a contribution on H.246 Annex E Goal and Workplan as MTD-13 document.

regards,
Paul

Paul K. Reddy
Intel Architecture Labs,
Intel Corporation,
2111 NE 25th Avenue,
Hillsboro, OR - 97124, USA,
Office Phone# +1 (503)-264-9896

-----Original Message-----
From: Jaakko Sundquist [mailto:jaakko.sundquist at NOKIA.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 1999 5:59 AM
To: ITU-SG16 at MAILBAG.INTEL.COM
Subject: H.323 Mobility: Quick comments on MTDs

Hi all,

I have a couple of comments on some of the MTDs that I would like to make
already before the telephone conference.

First a small typo in MTD-02. In item 4, it should probably say H.246 Annex
E instead of H.248 Annex E.

Second, MTD-04. I would like to start this conversation already on the
mailing list to save some time. I do not think that we should have separate
chapters in the H.323 Annex H for the interworking issues. Instead, I think
that these things must be taken into consideration in all the other chapters
defining the H.323 Mobility. Also, the more detailed definitions concerning
the PLMN-interworking should be handled in the H.246 Annex E.
Furthermore, I'm not quite sure what is meant by the chapter 7 title:
Recommended Reliable Transport Protocol for the IP Mobile subsystems. I
think this chapter (or it could be divided into a couple of chapters) should
include the procedure definitions (with message sequences, etc.) as well as
the message and message field definitions (such as ASN.1).
Another one that I don't quite understand is chapter 11: Mobile IP Network
Interworking. What is this chapter actually meant to include?

- Jaakko Sundquist
     In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.
 Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of
     worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare,
sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat:
     it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.