LogicalChannelRate Messages

Paul Long plong at SMITHMICRO.COM
Wed Nov 10 20:07:57 EST 1999

Hani,

I forgot to note that the new component should be OPTIONAL:

LogicalChannelRateRelease       ::=SEQUENCE
{
        ...,
        logicalChannelNumber    LogicalChannelNumber OPTIONAL
}

We should also add wording to the effect that if logicalChannelNumber is not
present, this message applies to _all_ LogicalChannelRateRequests for which
replies have not yet been sent. This would remove the current ambiguity from
H.245v5 and v6.

Paul Long
Smith Micro Software, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: El-Gebaly, Hani [mailto:hani.el-gebaly at INTEL.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 1999 1:13 PM
To: ITU-SG16 at MAILBAG.INTEL.COM
Subject: Re: LogicalChannelRate Messages

Aseem, Paul and all,

LogicalChanelRate SDL should be very similar to any request/response
pair like Paul mentioned. This was an Intel contribution for controlling
video/data channel bitrate. I will consider bringing a clarification
contribution to version 6 maybe and the implementers guide in an
upcoming Rapporteur meeting. Yes releaseComplete should have a cookie to
address the active SDL. I didn't want to deviate from the legacy :). I
will address this issue as well.
Thanks for the reminder.
regards,

Hani