H.323 Mobility: Re: H.246 Annex E

Edgar Martinez [1] martinze at CIG.MOT.COM
Wed Nov 24 17:53:19 EST 1999

Dear All,

Although I have some interest in H.246 Annex-E and H.323 Annex-I.
I strongly recommend that the work be handled in separate meetings.
I will like for us the H.323 Mobile Ad-Hoc group to focus 100%,
on the H.323 Annex-H Contributions which where left over
from our last meeting.

In the context of Annex-H.  If Intel is submitting figure 1 of MTD-13  to
be considered for H.323 Annex-H for the highlevel interworking sections
of H.323 Annex-H we may look at it.

I also propose that H.323 Annex-I should start doing some work,
and provide the H.323 mobility ad-hoc group an outline and work plan.
Before they start to attack on what (should or should not) be included.
>From an highlevel point of view H.323 Annex-H, could address
e.g., mobile ip, IP transport, IPv6 etc.. interworking issues with
H.323 mobility applications.

If we can not come to an agreement to focus only H.323 Annex-H, for the
pure H.323 Mobility solution and the Highlevel (non-H.323) mobile networks
and terminals interworking requirements, " Then I propose we cancel the
meeting."

Best Regards,

Edgar Martinez

--
Edgar Martinez - Principal Staff Engineer
Email mailto:martinze at cig.mot.com
FAX 1-847-632-3145 - - Voice 1-847-632-5278
1501 West Shure Drive, Arlington Hgts. IL 60004
Public: TIPHON & Other Stds - http://people.itu.int/~emartine/
Private:TIPHON & Other Stds - http://www.cig.mot.com/~martinze/