H.323 Mobility Ad Hoc Group Activity Report

Roy, Radhika R, ALARC rrroy at ATT.COM
Tue Nov 2 12:19:15 EST 1999

Hi Everyone:

I am summarizing the activity of the last SG16 Q.11-15 Red Bank meeting held
on October 18-22, 1999, as follows:

1. The titles of H.323 Annex H and I have been modified as stated below:

*       H.323 Annex H: User, Terminal, and Service Mobility in H.323 -
Editor: E. Martinez, Motorola
*       H.323 Annex I: Packet-based Multimedia Telephony over Error Prone
Channels - Editor: B. Aronson, Toshiba

2. 15 APCs (AT&T, Ericsson, Intel, Lucent, Motorola, Nokia, and Siemens)
related to Annex H and 1 APC (Toshiba) related to Annex I were submitted. In
addtion, 3 TDs (16, 42b, and 65) were produced by the Ad Hoc Mobility Group.

3. TD 65 reflects the outline (on-going work) of H.323 Annex H.

4. A separate work item has been proposed as an H.248 Annex E: "Interworking
PLMNs with H.323 Networks." The scope and title are yet to be decided.
Moreover, an editor also needs to be assigned for this work.

5. Not all detail of each contribution was discussed in the meeting. Only
terminologies and some functional aspects of each contribution were
discussed. It was also agreed that the mobility solution would focus on the
H.323 application layer. By definition, any H.323 solutions can be used by
any packet-based network. (That is, a network layer is free to choose any
implementation scheme as it is deemed to be necessary.)

6. The first conference call on H.323 mobility will be held on November 17,
1999, Time: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM (Pacific Standard Time (PST), USA. Paul Reddy
of Intel will send the detail meeting notice including the conference bridge
number and meeting agenda. Contributions are also solicited for the on-going
discussions and conference calls.

Radhika R. Roy
AT&T
+1 732 420 1580