White paper on MGCP vs MEGACO

vbajaj at HSS.HNS.COM vbajaj at HSS.HNS.COM
Tue Nov 2 00:28:11 EST 1999

Hi all,
                Our sincere apologies for the wide cross-posting and
inconvenience that it may have caused.  We thought the information
   compiled in this white paper may be of interest to participants of all these
mailing lists. Hence, the wide crossposting.

  Attached with this mail is a White paper that highlights the differences
between MEGACO, the proposed protocol for control of
  Media Gateways by the Media Gateway Controllers in the desomposed Gateway
architecture, and its predecessor MGCP protocol.
  Comments are most welcome and may be sent to vbajaj at hss.hns.com.

 Regards,

Vikas Bajaj
Gateway Development Team
Hughes Software Systems Ltd.

(See attached file: MEGACOvsMGCP_v3.doc)