Implementer's guide corrections for third-party pause

Santo Wiryaman swiryaman at VIDEOSERVER.COM
Tue May 25 10:46:32 EDT 1999

Hi Pete,
The changes you proposed seem to clarify the intention of the section and
fix the defects in the original text. There is one question that I have,
though.

In the original text, it says in the third paragraph of section 8.4.6 that
when an EP receives a non-empty TCS in this paused state, it shall reset its
H.245 state to the beginning of phase B.  This implies a new exchange of TCS
and, more importantly, a new Master-Slave Determination cycle.

A new Master-Slave Determination, I think, can be important for a situation
where an EP (A) which was connected to another EP (B) was transfered to an
MCU.  A might have been the master when it was talking to B, but when it is
transfered to the MCU, the MCU should be the master.  A new MSD cycle can
facilitate this.

In the new text, what does transmitter side H.245 state in phase B (H.323
section 8.2) mean?  Can a new MSD cycle happen when Ep receives a non empty
TCS?

Regards,
Santo Wiryaman

Santo Wiryaman