Fwd: H.GCP / Megacop capabilities desctriptors issue

Massimo Lucchina mlucchin at CISCO.COM
Mon May 10 14:58:24 EDT 1999

Just to close this off (comments inline)

Tiphon is not expressing any position on this stuff, the meeting happened to be during the ETSI session but has nothing to do with it.

What was agreed was correctly expressed by Gur (extracted from the very bottom of previous posting) and Matt is right, we made some progress

>I am suggesting that:
>
>   *  We acknowledge the limitation of SDP and find a solution that works,
>      this is where people will write contributions.  Whatever we choose is
>      in any-case no longer compliant SDP.
>
>   * we change the capabilities descriptors (that we choose based on the
>     previous point...) to be "by reference".
>
>   * that we clarify the internal consistency model.

The below point 1, 3, 5 were discussed and nothing was decided on how to solve the issues: actually it was not mentioned whether SDP is flawed or not, simply it was noted that MEGACO gateways need to interoperate with existing legacy H.323 gateway and endpoints and there is a need to make this working.

Capabilities By Reference vs By Value was also mentioned and a more general consensus will be searched.

Point 2 and 6: these seems more a proposal for addressing some issues; these are not an output of that conversation