H.323 AnnexD & mandatory fax OpenLogicalChannel elements

joachim.fabini at SEA.ERICSSON.SE joachim.fabini at SEA.ERICSSON.SE
Mon May 10 03:18:16 EDT 1999

Vineet,

I do have the recommendation H.323AnnexD that is available
from the ITU website.
The sentence can be found on page 4 (D.7: Interactions with
gateways and T.38/AnnexB devices), second paragraph.

Furthermore, section D.2 (Scope) says, that "An H.323 terminal
that supports the procedures of this Annex shall interwork with
T.38/AnnexB terminals". The interoperability with T.38 AnnexB
terminals thus is mandatory.

My understanding of this is that AnnexD compliant H.323
gateways must use the fastStart procedures and open both,
fax and voice channels when the receiving gateway is
also a H.323 terminal supporting AnnexD.

--Joachim