Annex G & big messages (and TPKT and Annex E)

Gur Kimchi Gur_Kimchi at VOCALTEC.COM
Tue May 4 11:07:01 EDT 1999

Douglas , Espen:

You are right, both TPKT and Annex E limit each segment within a message to
a max of 64K bytes -
and both allow you to aggregate - place multiple payloads, each sized at
(or less) 64K in a single
message - this is of course relevant only to Annex E over TCP (which is not
really used as this time
for anything).

I don't see this is a serious limitation - unless the information exchange
between GKs is going to
contain many pictures... seriously, you will need to divide up your large
transactions into 64K segments.

If any of you think this is a real problem - speak up -

- gur

-------- On 05/04/99 09:15 AM GMT  Douglas Clowes <dclowes at OZEMAIL.COM.AU>