caller ID and implementer's guide

Paul E. Jones paul.jones at ties.itu.int
Fri May 14 13:17:59 EDT 1999

Paul,

I believe your latter assumption is correct-- we need the functionality of
octet 3a and would prefer to use it as prescribed in Q.931 rather than
invent some new "hack" to achieve the same functionality.

I don't believe that the question is unreasonable to ask-- we must find out
somehow.  Certainly, a decision like this cannot be made lightly and must be
made with all interested parties knowing about it.  If there are absolutely
no objections from any company providing H.323 products, I certainly see no
reason why we cannot allow it.