Paper on multimedia contexts in H.gcp/megacoP (pdf format)

John Segers jsegers at LUCENT.COM
Wed May 5 11:45:50 EDT 1999

Roni,

I agree with your point that in case there are multiple MGs that handle
multiple media in a call, the MGC is the entity that should tie it all
together.  It can certainly do so if no lip sync is necessary between
the involved MGs.  The MGs don't even have to know that there's another
MG involved in the call.

On the other subject, far end camera control, I'm not familiar with
H.282/H.283.  If the protocols are there for both H.320 and H.323 side
and the MG only has to translate/transport the information, the model is
flexible enough to fit it in.

Regards,

John

John Segers                                  email: jsegers at lucent.com
Lucent Technologies                                        Room HE 306