Annex G & big messages (and TPKT and Annex E)

Douglas Clowes dclowes at OZEMAIL.COM.AU
Tue May 4 05:15:42 EDT 1999

No, I had reached the same conclusion - the packet size is, indeed, limited
to 65K bytes. If the message size exceds the UDP MTU, it hould be sent by
TCP. What I am still wondering is, will we exceed the 65K on TCP?

Subtly, this raises a similar question for Annex E which has the same
limitation. Should Annex E have a larger size field, and Annex G use Annex
E for a larger message size?

Does the TPKT size limitation affect anything else which uses it?

Douglas