Useful information from Mr. Campos-Neto via Mr. Sullivan

Sakae OKUBO okubo at GITI.OR.JP
Thu May 6 00:40:25 EDT 1999

Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 11:12:27 -0400
From: garys at python.pictel.com (Gary Sullivan)
To: itu-adv-video at standard.pictel.com
Subject: [wg5-3: 2824] Q15: Amd. Administratrivia II Santiago May 99
Sender: owner-wg5-3 at inetserv.ttc.or.jp

ITU-T Advanced Video Coding Experts Group (Q.15/SG16)
Email from garys at python.pictel.com (Gary Sullivan):

A forwarded message from our Working Party Chairman:

-Gary S.

>From: Simao Campos <simao at ctd.comsat.com>
>Subject: [Q.20/16] Amd. Administratrivia II Santiago May 99
>Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 09:52:00 -0400

Dear colleagues,

Fixing an error and a clarification on my previous messgae.

Simao
--
A quick update for the upcoming SG 16 meeting:

- the workshop has been confirmed for the 17th May, for those
  interested in attending. Also, please notice that there will be
  a SG 16 Welcome dinner on Wed May 19 and a farewell lunch on Sat May
  29.

- now you can submit contributions to the ITU via a WEB browser. Fill
  in the form at http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/edh/ . See
  http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/edh/ for a Q&A on submission methods, and
  TSB Circular Letter 182 as well (a must-see) -- check at
  http://www.itu.int/itudoc/itu-t/circ/circ4/182.html.

- Also, please be sure to use the appropriate ITU-provided templates
  (see http://www.itu.int/itudoc/itu-t/template/index.html) and A4
  paper size when composing you documents. Also, be aware that
  documents prepared with Word 97, even if saved in the Word 6/95
  format, may loose information when read by Word 95 [aka Word 7]
  (even though it may *look* OK in Word 97!!!).

  This is especially true if you try to use the Word 97 embedded
  drawing tools. DON'T! INSTEAD, use an external drawing package and
  import the picture into the document. And always provide them as
  individual files to the ITU, when you submit the document. When in
  doubt, also provided the ITU with a printable version of your
  document, e.g. postscript or Acrobat .PDF files.

  I had this grief many times, not to mention that it took me time to
  make sure some other people's documents had their missing
  figures recovered. So please, be careful, or your document may show
  up not exactly as you hoped for ... :-)

  NOTE on templates:
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  If they look funny on your screen, try the following in
  Windows95/NT: exit Word, then open Control Panel, double-click
  Regional Settings, select the tab "Number". Go to the last item in
  the menu ("LIst Separator") and change whatever character is in
  there (probably a comma ",") to a semi-colon (";").  Click OK,
  reopen the template; it should look "familiar" now.

That's what I had for the moment. Any questions or problems, drop me a
line.

Best regards,
Simao Campos-Neto

body.