H.GCP Audio Call postponed

Nancy-M Greene ngreene at NORTELNETWORKS.COM
Wed Mar 17 18:09:33 EST 1999

As some of you know, at the IETF meeting in Minneapolis this week, a group
of us have reached agreement on a proposal for new connection model for the
device control protocol. We have been fortunate to have had, here in
Minneapolis, almost all the authors of existing internet-draft and ITU
contributions that address device control between a media gateway controller
and a media gateway (draft-huitema-megaco-mgcp-v0r1-05.txt,
draft-sijben-megaco-mdcp-01.txt, and
draft-cuervo-megaco-mgcp-compromise-00.txt). Bryan Hill and Glen Freundlich
were also here for part of the time.

The slides attached will give you a flavour for the work we are currently
documenting in a new internet-draft.  We have presented the new connection
model to the megaco WG, and will be sending out the new internet-draft to
the megaco WG by the end of next week for comments. I hope to be able to
present this work at the next H.gcp conference call.

I think we have made a huge step forward by coming to an agreement on the
connection model, and am looking forward to having input from other SG16
members on the work we have begun.

Nancy
Nancy M. Greene
Internet & Service Provider Networks, Nortel Networks
T:514-271-7221 (internal:ESN853-1077) E:ngreene at nortelnetworks.com
 <<Megaco-forSG16confcall.zip>>