H.323/VoIP QoS (further to Randy Bloomfield's note)

Christian Kuhtz ck at NS1.ADSU.BELLSOUTH.COM
Wed Mar 3 17:14:02 EST 1999

Eric,

I think the purpose of this group is to discuss and explore ways of providing
IP QoS for VoIP networks, and to evaluate applicable existing technology as
well as provide feedback for emerging technology.

I don't quite understand why we need a managed membership committee to run
this -- particularly the managed membership part is what I find troubling.
What benefit are you providing?

Personally, I find this difficult to define, because you are obviously not the
premier forum for IP related issues (the IETF is).  Please explain.

So, if you're affiliated with the IETF, why don't you participate in our
working group rather than we move our IP network related issues into T1?

And, was it really neccessary to carbon copy over half a dozen mailing lists
on this subject matter?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Chris

--
      "Kannst du nicht allen gefallen durch deine That und dein Kunstwerk --
       mach es wenigen recht, vielen gefallen ist schlimm"  -- Schiller

[Disclaimer: I speak for myself and my views are my own and not in any way to
             be construed as the views of BellSouth Corporation. ]