Change of address

Eli Doron elid at RADVISION.RAD.CO.IL
Wed Mar 3 00:49:43 EST 1999

Bob,

What's your point? :)

Looking at the various questions, "relationships" describe what is wanted
from the group, rather than the entire scope of their operation.

If your concern relates to SG13 and their role with IP, ITU central seems
to support them in that role.

Study Group 16's "Area of Responsibility" is, unfortunately, "For further
study" - it should probably be "studied":
        http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/com16/area_resp.html

Also, in the "Questions under study", there is no mention of IP, and scant
reference to the Internet:
        http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/com16/questions-text.html

Study Group 13's "Home Page" includes "Lead Study Group on General network
aspects, Global Information Infrastructures (GII),  Broadband ISDN and IP
related aspects.":
        http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/com13/

Study Group 13's "Questions under study" has several references to IP:
        http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/com13/questions-text.html

It would appear that SG16 is involved in "Packet Networks", of which the
Internet and IP is but one.

A valid question would focus on whether the 21/15 question should restrict
itself to IP, or cover packet networks in general. Will their
recommendations only apply to SG16 equipment when connected to an IP network?

SG16 should not lose sight of the other packet network protocols.

How does this concept impact on H.gcp?

Douglas