H.GCP Audio Call

Katrina C. Hopkins katrina.c.hopkins at BELLATLANTIC.COM
Tue Mar 2 15:21:07 EST 1999

       Bryan,
            Please count me in for the audio call on Thursday.

       Thanks,
       Katrina

       "Great spirits have always encountered violent
       opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
       Katrina C. Hopkins
       8670 Georgia Avenue
       Silver Spring, Maryland 20910 USA
       301 608-2076 /  301 608-3547 Fax

       Senior Member Technical Staff
       Multimedia & Video Standards
       Bell Atlantic Technology & Engineering

       From: ITU-SG16 at mailbag.cps.intel.com AT INTERNET on 03/01/99
             05:22 PM

       To:   KATRINA C. HOPKINS/EMPL/MD/Bell-Atl,
             ITU-SG16 at mailbag.cps.intel.com AT INTERNET at CCDOMAIN
       cc:
       Subject:  H.GCP Audio Call

       Colleagues,

       I would like to invite you to participate in audio call on
       Thursday March 4th from 11AM until 1PM EST to discuss H.GCP.
       The call details are as follows:

       Calls from outside the US:  312-470-7273
       Calls from within the US: 888-847-7598
       Passcode: BryanHill
       Confirmation number: 5193957

       Please respond to me directly to reserve a port for this call
       (where ever possible please try to minimize port requirements
       by sharing a port with a colleague).

       The main purpose of this initial call will be to review
       requirements and terminology for H.GCP which were discussed in
       Monterey.  I have been editing these sections and will make
       them available on the ptel SG16 ftp site no later than tomorrow
       3/2.  The second purpose of the call is to identify other areas
       that need to be discussed in subsequent audio calls.  An
       initial pass of topics is listed below.  I would like to
       solicit volunteers to submit written contribution in each of
       the areas identified and use these submissions as a basis for
       discussing topics in future audio calls.  In this manner I hope
       to scope our discussion to specific technical topics and
       combine the benefits from MDCP and MGCP approaches into H.GCP.

       1)      Control model
               a)      Controller to gateway associations
               b)      Controller to internal gateway entity
               associations
               c)      Failover
               d)      Security
       2)      Connection model
               a)      Controllable entities
               b)      Controllable entity properties
       3)      Commands
       a)      Types
       b)      Parameters
               c)      Acknowledgement styles/sequencing
       4)      Messages (i.e.-command packaging)
       5)      Message Encoding
       6)      Resource management
       7)      Scripting/Packages
       8)      Interface C protocol (Q.931/Q.764)
       9)      Interface B protocol (Q.931 )

       Best Regards,
       Bryan