AW: Call hold and transfer in H.323 AnnexF. Too limited??

Paul E. Jones paul.jones at ties.itu.int
Thu Mar 18 12:56:57 EST 1999

Karl,

Unfortunately, I will have to disagree with your comments.  While it is true
that the H.450 supplementary services could be utilized in a SET device, I
believe that introducing H.450 into a SET breaks the spirit of that work.

The goal of Annex F is to define a "Simple Endpoint Type".  There are
simpler ways to put a call on hold and to transfer a call.  Introducing
H.450 introduces a lot more complexity that I believe we want to have.  If
Annex F is not sufficiently clear on how to simply transfer a call or put a
call on hold, we should work on that text-- I will absolutely disagree with
introducing H.450 into a SET device.