Handling of channel failures (H.323v2 clause 8.6)

Chris Purvis CPurvis at MADGE.COM
Wed Mar 17 04:45:06 EST 1999

Karl,

The paragraph to which you refer seems to me to say "the endpoint may choose
to terminate the call as described in Phase E, or it may attempt to
re-establish the Call Signalling Channel as described above.".  This is a
lot more explicit than "the procedures described above shall be used" - it
says, in fact that an endpoint may follow either of the courses of action
you describe.  A gatekeeper, however, would appear to be obliged to do the
first: I wonder how many do!

Regards,
Chris