Handling of nonreceipt of IRRs by gatekeeper

rtgupta at HSS.HNS.COM rtgupta at HSS.HNS.COM
Thu Mar 11 02:31:16 EST 1999

Hi,
    Specifications have not included all the glare and error conditions. So
I assume in these cases, decision making is at gatekeeper's discretion.

Even in 'IRR not received' case, it is at gatekeeper's disposal how to deal
with it. But in my opinion, best solution is 3rd one as suggested by you.
If gatekeeper does not receive IRR from an endpoint within irrFrequency
period, it should send IRQ. Gatekeeper should try atleast twice. In case no
response is received, gatekeeper should clear the call.

Thanks,
Ritu.

srini at trillium.com (Srinivasa Beereddy) on 03/11/99 05:54:10 AM

Please respond to srini at trillium.com (Srinivasa Beereddy)