call clearing by GK

Espen Skjæran Espen.Skjaeran at ERICSSON.COM
Tue Mar 9 06:07:48 EST 1999

Greetings,

I don't either see why a gatekeeper which wants total control of the calls
without routing them, would use pregrantedARQ.

And, I don't think this can be done foolproof without introducing more "special
cases".
If the gatekeeper will send a DRQ or BRQ to an endpoint in a call with
pregrantedARQ, it will not know what to populate
the CallIdentifier and CallReferenceValue fields with to identify the call
properly. These are given in the ARQ.
If the call is routed through the gatekeeper, it can pick out the call ID and
CRV from the SETUP etc messages,
but (at least) on the terminating side the CRV to use in RAS is totally
uncorrelated with the CRV in the call signalling messages, and thus cannot be
used directly.

We had a proposal this Monterey meeting to re-introduce some of the lacking
functionality with the bandwidth control and auto-sent IRR messages in
pregrantedARQ , which was APC-1542.

Espen